15 min cooking time
5 min preparation time
10 ml Clover Farmstyle Salted Butter
2 extra large eggs
30 ml Clover Fresh Full Cream Milk
3 ml cornflour
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
40 ml Clover Feta Herb, crumbled
40 ml Clover Mature Cheddar, grated
- Heat the butter over low heat in a large, heavy-based non-stick frying pan with an ovenproof handle. Beat the eggs, milk, cornflour, and seasoning together until frothy.
- Gently pour into the preheated pan and cook over a moderate heat until slightly set.
- Remove from stove top and grill under a preheated oven grill until egg starts to set.
- Remove from oven grill, sprinkle cheeses over and grill for another 3 minutes until cheese has melted and egg has puffed up.
- Remove from oven. Using a large egg lifter, carefully fold omelette over and transfer to a plate. Serve immediately.
Napoletana and 3-cheese omelette
Replace the cheese with 80 ml ready-made Napoletana sauce, 80 ml grated Clover Mature Cheddar, 80 ml grated Clover Tusser’s and 30 ml grated Pecorino cheese.
Bacon, roasted baby tomato, spinach and creamy cheese omelette
Replace cheese with bacon, roasted baby tomato, spinach, and creamy cheese pasta sauce.
Savoury mince and cheese omelette
Add 80 ml savoury mince with the cheese. Replace the Clover Feta Herb with 40 ml more Clover Mature Cheddar.
Two Cheese and Ham Omelette
50 ml Clover Feta Traditional, crumbled
50 ml Clover Cheddar Cheese, grated
2 slices smoked or cooked ham, cut into strips