1 hour cooking time
5 min preparation time
Serves 6 – 8
100 g (125 ml) white rice
1 litre Clover Fresh Full Cream Milk
Good pinch salt
1 small cinnamon stick
2 – 3 cardamom pods (optional)
Few drops vanilla essence
± 250 ml Clover Cream
40 g (50 ml sugar)
1 x 400g tin mixed berries
10 ml cornflour
1 cinnamon stick
Sugar to taste
- Place the rice, milk and salt into a heavy based saucepan and bring to boil while stirring. Reduce heat to very low, add the cinnamon stick and cardamom pods if used and simmer gently, partly covered for about an hour or until the rice is quite tender and the mixture resembles a thick porridge.
- Meanwhile, place the contents of the tin of fruit, cornflour, and cinnamon stick into a microwave jug. Stir and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Stir again and microwave until the sauce is transparent and thickened. Remove the cinnamon stick and sweeten to taste.
- When the rice is cooked, add enough cream to achieve the desired consistency – neither runny nor dry.
- Stir in the sugar and heat over moderate temperature. Serve warm or cool and refrigerate and reheat in the microwave oven when required.
- Spoon the hot mixture into a large bowl or individual cereal bowls or the slightly cooled mixture into stemmed glasses. Top with a small spoonful of sauce and serve with the remainder of the sauce and cinnamon sugar.