Serves 4 – 6
1 Onion – sliced
10ml Crushed garlic
1 small Red pepper – seeded and sliced
1 small Yellow pepper – seeded and sliced
500g Chicken livers – cut into pieces
250g Button mushrooms – sliced
25g Brown onion soup powder
125ml Fresh cream
10ml Sweet Chilli sauce
1 small Red chilli – seeded and chopped (to taste)
125ml Full cream milk
Sat and freshly ground black pepper to taste
6 – 8 toasted pita breads
Fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the butter in a heavy-based saucepan – add the onion and garlic – sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add the peppers and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken livers and mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the soup powder, cream, chilli sauce, chilli and milk together – add to the livers and simmer for 3 – 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve warm with the pita breads and garnish with the coriander.
- Serve wrapped in a pancake for a savoury snack or in a pastry pie.