30 min cooking time
10 min preparation time
330 ml (2 tbsp) Clover Mooi River Salted Choice Butter
1 medium carrot, cubed
1 celery stick, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 litre chicken stock
410 g (1 tin) whole corn kernels, drained
500 g frozen seafood mixture
200 ml (1 cup) Clover cream
salt and white pepper to taste
30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped chives
30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, finely chopped
Fresh, hot bread rolls
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and fry the carrots, celery, garlic and potatoes lightly for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil before turning down the heat. Cover the saucepan and simmer the soup base for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Let it cool slightly, pulping it in batches in a food processor.
- Pour it back into the saucepan and add the whole corn kernels. Heat again and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add the seafood mixture and cream. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until the seafood is cooked. Stir continuously.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir the chives and parsley into the soup and serve hot with bread rolls.