- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Mix all ingredients to a soft pastry in a food processor. Cover and allow to rest in refrigerator for 10 – 15 minutes. Press pastry into base and sides of a 24 cm quiche dish.
- Prepare the vegetables according to recipe, add the leeks to the vegetables and roast according to instructions.
- Allow vegetables to cool to room temperature.
- Arrange with the cheese over the pastry base.
- Beat eggs, cream, sour cream and lemon juice together. Add pecorino, mustard, salt, pepper and herbs and mix well. Pour onto base and vegetables. Bake for 45 minutes or until set. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Tomato and feta quiche Save
Heat 15 ml Clover Mooi River Salted Choice Butter in a heavy-based frying pan. Add 200 g Rosa tomatoes and 3 sliced spring onions and sauté until the onion is soft. Allow to cool. Spread tomatoes, onions and 200 g cubed Clover Feta Plain over the pastry base. Pour egg mixture over and bake until set. Allow to cool slightly, season to taste and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Marinated artichoke, sun-dried tomato and biltong quiche
Slice 8 whole marinated artichokes into quarters. Arrange on pastry base with 100 g drained sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil vinaigrette and 150 g cubed Clover Feta Black Pepper flavour. Sprinkle 100 g sliced biltong over. Cover with egg mixture and bake until set. Allow to cool slightly and serve garnished with fresh rocket.