- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Rub butter into dry mixture.
- Beat eggs and add to dry mixture with a knife – work lightly.
- Boil water in a big pot with lid.
- Place tablespoon of dough into boiling water, cover with lid, leave to boil for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from water with ladle and place into glass serving dish.
- Add cinnamon sugar first on bottom, then kluitjies, top with cinnamon mixture and add small pieces of butter – continue this process until all dough is used.
- Add enough cinnamon sugar and butter.
- Serve warm.
Once you put about 5 spoons of dough in the pot, put on the lid and DO NOT REMOVE lid for at least 3 minutes!
Also: Use a deep pot as it is the steam that cooks the dough – a shallow pot will boil over!