- Heat the butter in a large heavy-based saucepan – add the onion, celery and garlic – sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add the butternut and curry powder and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil – reduce heat and simmer for 30 – 35 minutes or until butternut is tender.
- Blend with a hand blender or transfer to food processor and process until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and heat over a very low heat – stir in the cream and simmer until soup is heated through – season to taste.
- Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream and topped with coriander.
Oven-roast the butternut before adding to the remaining ingredients – this gives great flavour to the soup.
Stir in 250g crispy bacon bits to soup before serving.